Diagnosis of acute COVID-19 infection without any delay.
Fast results on the spot, without any laboratory equipment
Actim® SARS-CoV-2 is a virus antigen detection rapid test developed to diagnose an acute COVID-19 infection quickly. The one-step dipstick test gives reliable results already on-site in 15 minutes without requiring the use of any kind of laboratory equipment. With Actim SARS-CoV-2, coronavirus testing is effortless: the test kit contains all the materials needed for sampling and testing, and it can be conveniently stored at room temperature.
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus requires efficient testing tools. The Actim SARS-CoV-2 test has been developed to reliably detect a coronavirus infection already in its acute phase. It has been proven to detect different variants of the coronavirus, such as the Alfa, Beta, Delta, and Omicron virus variants. By choosing the quick and reliable Actim SARS-COV-2 test, infection chains can be broken and isolation measures can be started immediately, which helps prevent further spreading of the disease.
Actim SARS-CoV-2 in a nutshell
- The test detects SARS-CoV-2 virus antigens in the nasopharyngeal swab sample.
- The easy-to-use, one-step dipstick test can be used at any kind of testing locations – no laboratory equipment is required to perform the test. Furthermore, Actim SARS-COV-2 can be conveniently stored at room temperature, no specific cold storage arrangements are required.
- The test results are ready on site within 15 minutes, with the patient being present.
- The test has excellent sensitivity (98% Ct <30) and specificity (100%) levels.
- Positive control for external quality assurance is also available.
- The test has been developed and manufactured in Finland.
- The buffer of the Actim SARS-COV-2 test is compatible with the Actim Influenza A&B test, meaning that you can perform both tests with only one sample extraction.
how it works
Actim COVID-19 test detects antigens and variants of the virus
Actim SARS-CoV-2 is a qualitative immunochromatographic test that is based on monoclonal antibodies.
The coronavirus mutates slowly, and its changes can occur in either the viral nucleoprotein or its surface protein. Although the known UK and Indian variants have changes in the nucleoprotein, Actim SARS-CoV-2 has been proven to work reliably. The Actim test also detects the South African variant, as its mutation happens in the surface protein of the virus.
|Ct <25||Ct <30||Ct <33||All samples|
Actim SARS-CoV-2 is highly specific for the novel coronavirus and does not cross-react with other viruses causing respiratory tract infections, such as other coronaviruses (229E, OC43), type A or B influenza, or enteroviruses.
how it helps
Coronavirus testing made easier and quicker
It is crucial to identify coronavirus infections and break infection chains as early as possible to prevent the spread of the virus. Performing the Actim rapid test only takes 30 seconds and its results are ready within 15 minutes on the spot. As a result, preventative measures can be implemented quickly, and patients can be isolated instantly after receiving a positive result.
The Actim test is designed to make testing as simple as possible. For example, dispensing a buffer is not required, since the test kit already contains pre-filled buffer tubes. Thanks to the practical format of the test, tubes from one package can be easily distributed to different testing sites.
The buffer of the Actim SARS-COV-2 test is compatible with our Actim Influenza A&B test, which means that a single sample can also be used to perform an influenza test.
Actim SARS-CoV-2 is manufactured and developed in Finland.
Actim SARS-CoV-2 diagnoses an acute infection easily
- The easy-to-use test can be performed on site.
- Test results are obtained immediately.
- No laboratory equipment is required to perform the test.
- The test includes 98% (Ct <30) sensitivity and 100% specificity levels.
- Thanks to reliable and accurate results, isolation measures can be implemented immediately.
how to use it
How to use Actim SARS-CoV-2
Actim SARS-CoV-2 test kit contains all materials needed for sampling and testing and can be stored at room temperature (+2–30 °C).
Collect a sample
Collect a nasopharyngeal swab sample.
Place the swab in the extraction solution tube and swirl vigorously for 10–15 seconds.
Activate the test
Place the yellow dip area into the tube with extracted sample and leave it there until reading.
Read the results
- A result can be interpreted as positive as soon as one blue and one black line become visible in the result area.
- If only one black line appears within 15 minutes, the result is interpreted as negative.
How to order it
How to order Actim SARS-CoV-2
Actim SARS-CoV-2 test kit contains 20 tests and the following items:
- Dipsticks (individually packed)
- Extraction Buffer tubes
- Instructions for use
Positive control for external quality assurance is sold separately.
- Actim SARS-CoV-2 20 tests | product code 35522ETAC
MDSAP 13485 and ISO 13485 can be found here.