Get CRP results anytime, anywhere.
Quick CRP results from one sample drop
Actim® CRP is a rapid, semiquantitative and highly specific bedside test for the detection of the C-reactive protein (CRP).
Overuse of antibiotics may have devastating consequences. Antibiotics are often unnecessarily used for the treatment of viral infections, when they should only be prescribed to patients with bacterial infections. The combination of a careful clinical assessment and an optimal serum CRP level measurement is an effective method for estimating whether a patient has a bacterial or a viral infection.
Actim CRP is a quick and convenient test that determines CRP levels and estimates if an infection is viral or bacterial. The test delivers reliable results in just five minutes, allowing you to assess whether there is a need for antibiotics or additional tests. Thus, proper medical treatment can already get started at the point of care.
Actim CRP in a nutshell
- Actim CRP is an easy-to-use, fast and accurate dipstick test that can be used by all medical staff.
- This test is suitable for all patients.
- Only a small drop of blood from the fingertip is needed (EDTA, citrate, or heparin blood can also be used).
- A wide measurement range is available with three different detection limits for serum CRP concentration: 10–40 mg/l, 40–80 mg/l, >80 mg/l.
- The test provides test results at the bedside in just 5 minutes.
- The test kit contains all the materials needed to perform the test. Furthermore, it can be conveniently stored at room temperature.
- No laboratory equipment, maintenance, or calibration is required for this test.
How it works
How Actim CRP works
CRP is an acute-phase protein that the human body rapidly produces in response to infection, inflammation, and tissue damage. At the beginning of an infection, CRP levels rise exponentially until reaching a peak at 48 hours. Serum CRP levels can be used to differentiate bacterial infections from viral infections, as CRP concentrations are significantly higher when bacterial infection occurs. CRP concentrations can also decrease quickly when the prescribed medical treatment is effective.
Actim CRP rapid test is based on monoclonal antibodies that are highly specific to CRP. The test covers all clinically relevant CRP levels, with three different detection limits:
- 10–40 mg/l
- 40–80 mg/l
- >80 mg/l
How it helps
How Actim CRP helps
The easy-to-use Actim CRP rapid test offers a quick method for C-reactive protein level detection and provides essential information for urgent decisions, facilitating proper medical treatment. The test is perfectly suitable and efficient for outpatient care – whenever or wherever accurate and reliable results are needed.
Rapid test for rapid treatment anytime and anywhere
- Only a small drop of blood is needed to perform the test.
- Such as simple sample collection is useful with kids and other patients afraid of blood tests.
- The Actim CRP test is especially beneficial in places when laboratory services are not available, such as schools, nursing homes, in the workplace, prisons, military camps etc.
- The test provides immediate CRP results for emergency rooms and intensive care units.
How to use it
How to use Actim CRP
Actim CRP test kit contains all the materials required to perform the test, and it can be stored at room temperature (+2–25 °C).
Collect a blood sample
Use a lancet to obtain a drop of blood from a fingertip. Take the sample with the 10 µl capillary (comes with the kit).
EDTA, citrate or heparin blood can also be used as a sample.
Dilute the sample
Immediately drop the capillary into the Specimen Dilution Buffer. Mix the sample by inverting the tube upside down 10–15 times.
Activate the test
Place the yellow dip area of the dipstick into the diluted sample. Hold it there until you see the liquid front enter the result area.
Remove the dipstick from the solution and place it in a horizontal position.
Interpret test results
- A positive result can be read as soon as it becomes visible.
– one blue line = CRP 10–40 mg/l
– two blue lines = CRP 40–80 mg/l
– three blue lines = CRP >80 mg/ml
- A negative result should be confirmed at 5 minutes.
– only a red control line is visible (no blue lines) = CRP <10 mg/l
How to order it
How to order Actim CRP
Actim CRP test kit contains 20 tests and it is available in one size. Each Actim CRP test pouch contain:
- Dipstick (individually packed)
- Specimen Dilution Buffer
- Instructions for use
Each kit contain a vial of 10 µl end-to-end capillaries (25 pieces).
- Actim CRP 20 test kit | product code 31031ETAC
MDSAP 13485 and ISO 13485 can be found here.